Friday, June 1, 2007

two decades

As of Wednesday, I am officially in my twenties. How awesome is that? I'm in my twenties. It sounds so much better. "I'm a teenager." "I'm in my twenties." Ah, yes. A huge difference.

My wonderful old friend Justine sent me a postcard last week that reminded me that at my thirteenth birthday party we watched The Mummy. I was alarmed to read this, because I have absolutely no recollection of this occurrence whatsoever. If I do the math, I can figure out that I was in eighth grade... I think that was the year we were out at the trailer on Silver Lake for my birthday. Or did I do that for my birthday more than once? I can't even remember. That is a little bit scary.

I remember really clearly what's happened the past few birthdays, probably because they're more recent. All of those birthdays have been really good. I think that is partly because my friends know me better every year, so they do a better job of making it special every year.

I've always really liked birthdays, especially the birthdays of other people,they are one of my main excuses for getting in contact with people I haven't talked to in a while. You know, when it gets to that point where it's awkward to contact someone because you've been out of touch so long? Yeah, birthdays are a good excuse to break that ice. Also, birthdays are good excuses to shower people you do talk to all the time with love. It's one of those rare occasions that you can be completely over-the-top sentimental without feeling like a bit of an idiot afterwards. Or maybe that's just me.

Anyways, thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate this year. I'm lucky to have friends as thoughtful as all of you.



PS. I'm going to start trying to blog more. Every day if possible, because this will all be more interesting that way. So keep checking this guy. I'm also going to go out of my way to have more interesting things happen to me, so that my blog posts won't always be as dull as this one. :)

No comments: